Lifestyle

Report says American tourists died of carbon monoxide poisoning in Bahamas; Sandals says incident was “isolated”


A Sandals Resort within the Bahamas has introduced it is going to set up carbon monoxide detectors in all of its rooms after three American vacationers died from an unexplained sickness, which it referred to as an “isolated incident.” The official toxicology report and autopsies have but to be launched, however native media within the Bahamas have reported that each one three died from carbon monoxide poisoning, CBS Miami studies

The three Americans died on the Sandals Emerald Bay resort in Exuma in May. One different vacationer fell ailing, however has begun to get well after being airlifted to a hospital. 

“Despite initial speculation, Bahamian authorities have concluded the cause was an isolated incident in one standalone structure that housed two individual guest rooms and was in no way linked to the resort’s air conditioning system, food and beverage service, landscaping services or foul play,” Sandals Resort stated in an announcement Friday. “Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our guests and team members is and will always be paramount. It is for this reason that we have taken additional measures such as engaging environmental safety experts for a comprehensive review of all systems across the resort.”

Sandals Emerald Bay Celebrity Golf Tournament & Awards Ceremony
Sandals Emerald Bay Resort. 

Dimitrios Kambouris


The firm has put in carbon monoxide detectors in all rooms on the Sandals Emerald Bay Resort, and have deliberate to put in detectors in all Sandals rooms all through their “portfolio.”

A lab in Philadelphia is presently working to expedite toxicology studies from the victims to assist authorities perceive what happened on the resort. The studies, together with the autopsies of all three victims, are anticipated to be launched quickly, CBS Miami studies

Bahamas Police commissioner Paul Rolle recognized the three deceased Americans as Michael Phillips, 68, spouse Robbie Phillips, 65, of Tennessee, and Vincent Paul Chiarella, 64, of Florida. Chiarella’s spouse, Donnis, fell ailing and was airlifted to a Florida hospital, the place she continues to get well, in response to Sandals. 

Rolle refused to speculate on what may need made the vacationers ailing, however medical officers and police stated they don’t suspect foul play. 

“It’s certainly very irregular,” CBS News medical contributor Dr. David Agus stated.

Seven years in the past, one other spherical of American vacationers fell ailing at a resort within the U.S. Virgin Islands, the place authorities found was brought on by indoor use of the pesticide methyl bromide, which had been banned in 1984 however was nonetheless used on the resort. Following their restoration, the Delaware household acquired an $87 million settlement from the pesticide’s mum or dad firm. 



Source hyperlink

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.